The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is being called ‘the most powerful muscle car ever’ – and for a good reason. The new SRT is powered by a massive 6.2 liter supercharged V8 making 707 horsepower and has a top speed of 199 mph – which is supercar territory.
Not only does the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat scare most of its competitors it also makes a strong case of taking on its top-level sibling, the SRT Viper. Based on the redesign of the new Challenger the SRT Hellcat looks mostly like its less powered siblings with some minor mean looking body changes including Hellcat badges.
With a starting MSRP of $59,995 (prices may vary based on availability, model and options), the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is here to offer you a BIG BANG for your buck!
Let’s take a look at Top 10 Things You Should Know About The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat!
1. The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat’s new 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine is the first factory supercharged HEMI.
2. Power comes from a 6.2 liter supercharged V8 engine making 707 horsepower with a maximum torque of 650 lb-ft of torque. It’s the most powerful V8 engine ever produced by Chrysler Group. The engine is mated to a TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual.
3. 0 to 60 mph comes in around 3.4 seconds with a top speed of 199 mph.
4. What about the quarter mile run you ask? The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is the fastest muscle car ever with a National Hot Rod Association-certified ¼-mile time of 11.2 seconds at 125 mph. With drag radials, the Challenger SRT Hellcat runs the quarter in just 10.8 seconds at 126 mph!
5. The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat comes with two keys – red and black. The red key fob is the only key that unlocks 707 horsepower while the black key limits the driver to a reduced output of 500 horsepower.
6. EPA rater fuel-economy comes in at 16 mpg city and 22 mpg highway. The highway mpg outperforms most expensive supercars like the Lamborghini Aventador, Aston Martin Vanquish, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT, which all get less then 20 mpg.
7. You have the choice of many drive modes. The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat has a new M-gate shifter, which allows you to tap into nearly 200 possible drive-mode combinations that come from five distinct settings including Default, Sport, Track, Valet and Custom.
8. All that power better come with big brakes! The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat definitely offers some outstanding stopping power. It has 15.4-inch Brembo two-piece rotors with 6-piston calipers.
9. The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat takes on the likes of the Ford Mustang GT350 and the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and outperforms both.
10. Prices start an MSRP of $59,995 (prices may vary based on availability, model and options).