Winter Driving Automotive News AutoNation Best Practices Featured 

Winter Driving: Rally Driver Explains Different Drivetrain Options

With frigid temps gripping large parts of the nation, winter driving is a hot topic right now. Already this season, we’ve posted about the importance of winterizing your car, and getting proper winter tires. But we just stumbled across this great guide to how different drivetrains handle the snow, so if you’re curious about what you should be looking for in your next vehicle, it’s definitely worth watching. The host is Wyatt Knox of Team O’Neil Rally School, and when he isn’t tearing up rally circuits, he’s teaching students the…

Read More
2019 RAM 1500 Automotive News Featured RAM 

Check Out the Split Taligate on the 2019 RAM 1500: Gallery

Trucks are more advanced than they’ve ever been, and in the transition from bare-bones workhorses to daily drivers, they’ve gained plenty of interesting and useful features. Case in point, the tailgate on the 2019 RAM 1500. It’s a pretty trick design which — similar to 60/40 rear seats — is split slightly off center. In the spirit of versatility, it can be opened from either side, or folded straight down, like a conventional unit. Importantly, the fancy tailgate doesn’t have any impact on the truck’s load rating, as it retains…

Read More
Camaro ZL1 Automotive News Chevrolet Featured 

2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE is Getting a 10-Speed Automatic

There’s no two ways about it — the Camaro ZL1 1LE redefined how the world saw the Camaro. With this weapons-grade version, Chevy’s legendary muscle car became not just a straight-line bruiser, but rather a track terror designed to tackle corners. Remember when it lapped the notorious Nürburgring in just 7:16:04? Because we can’t forget. If you’re keeping score, that’s faster than a Ferrari 488 GTB, which costs about $170,000 more. Previously, the ZL1 LE was only available with a six-speed manual transmission, but Chevy has just announced that a ten-speed automatic will…

Read More
Best Resale Value Automotive News Featured 

These 2019 Vehicles Have the Best Resale Value, According to KBB

Want and indication that trucks and SUVs are hot right now? Look no further than Kelley Blue Book’s 2019 Best Resale Value Awards. KBB is one of the most trusted names in the industry, and is generally considered the gold standard when it comes to what a vehicle, so it’s mighty telling that this year’s best resale list contains exactly zero cars. Not one. In fact, a full 70% of the list is composed of trucks, and the remaining 30% by SUVs. It’s certainly an interesting development, and makes Ford’s decision…

Read More
Lexus Performance SUV Automotive News Featured Lexus 

Report Says Lexus Considering a High Performance SUV

If you’ve been paying attention to the automotive news of late, or even just paying attention to the parking lot at your local supermarket, you’ve likely noticed buyers are moving away from traditional cars. Instead, folks have been opting for crossovers and SUVs, but importantly, plenty are still looking to scratch the itch for performance. So what’s a manufacturer to do? Built a performance SUV, of course! Porsche did it years ago with the Cayenne,  Lamborghini released the Urus, and even Ferrari — which swore it would never, ever release…

Read More