With the emphasis on a “strengthened connection between driver and vehicle,” the all-new 2019 Infiniti QX50 uses the exclusive VC-Turbo engine and ProPILOT Assist technology to accomplish this. Although the Infiniti QX50 has up till now existed as a concept, the recent design integrations have generated quite a buzz. The highly-anticipated midsized luxury SUV rolls onto dealership lots this coming spring.
That engine, though
Possibly the most impressive detail about the luxury SUV, the Infiniti QX50 has the world’s first variable compression engine, a feat that took nearly twenty years of research and development. The engine can change its compression ratio from 8:1 to 14:1, and everything in between. Translation: you have arguably one of the world’s most responsive engines, enabling you to make quick decisions during unpredictable driving conditions—in real time. It has the first active engine mount vibration damping system.
The way it works is: the electric harmonic drive motor continuously adjusts the pistons’ reach, controlling the multi-link system. This is how the compression is changed, by touching the different regions of the pistons. All driving conditions that call for a need for anything from power to torque—and an improved gas mileage—are the achieved results of the VC-Turbo engine
All-New 2019 Infiniti QX50 Specs and Gas Mileage
- 2L 4-cylinder gas engine with single scroll turbocharger
- 268-hp engine generates 280 lb-ft of torque
- FWD INFINITI QX50 configuration: 27 MPG Combined HWY and CITY*
- AWD INFINITI QX50 configuration: 26 MPG Combined HWY and CITY*
2019 Infiniti QX50 Redesign and Technology
- The cabin was extended on the inside. The result on the outside? An extended body length and visual signature.
- The exterior was widened with muscular line flow and profiled surfaces as part of the bold new look
- The interior is comprised of open pore wood accents
- There is tailored leather stitching and accents
- The QX50 features an oversized double arch grille with plunging diamond mesh
- There is 64 cubic feet of cargo space & a motion-activated lift gate
- ProPILOT Driver Assist include popular features like: Intelligent Cruise Control, hands-on steering assistance, and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian DetectionYou’re in luck!You may be able to reserve your INFINITY QX50 at your local AutoNation INFINITI-affiliated dealership before it arrives this spring.
*Based on EPA mileage ratings. Your mileage will vary depending specific vehicle trim, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.