In today’s report, AutoNation announced its record quarterly EPS. Fourth quarter 2017 net income from continuing operations was $152 million, up 44% compared to the fourth quarter 2016 net income from continuing operations of $152 million. AutoNation also reported:
- Total revenue of $5.7 billion increased by 4% compared to the year-ago period
- Same store revenue of $5.6 billion increased by 4% compared to the year-ago period
- Same store gross profit of $851 million increased by 7% compared to the year ago period
- Same store Customer Financial Services gross profit per vehicle retailed of $1,732, an increase of 11%
- Same store Customer Care gross profit growth of 6%
AutoNation was also positively affected by the recent tax reform bill for the fourth quarter 2017 net income from continuing operations for the amount of $41 million, or $0.45 a share.